To detox safely and effectively a couple of times a year is a great lifestyle habit to adopt for your long term disease prevention strategy. Your body organs are under pressure from an accumulation of physical and emotional toxins in the 11 body systems (immune, digestive, skeletal, muscular, cardiac, nervous, endocrine (hormonal), integumentary (skin), nervous, lymphatic and respiratory).
The main systems to focus on when doing a cleanse is your digestive, lymphatic, urinary, immune and respiratory systems. Each one of these systems plays a pivotal role in releasing toxins and allowing the whole system to have a positive shift into vibrant health.
The colon is often referred to as the sewerage system of the body and you may have heard the phrase ‘death or disease begins in your colon’? The average person has around 5kg of waste in their bodies at one time and when food spends too long in your system fermentation occurs, inviting the overgrowth of yeast, parasites & disease.
Consider these statistics:
- An estimated 606,880 Americans will die from cancer this year according to the American Cancer Society.
- The British Journal of Cancer published data indicating that 1 in 2 people will be diagnosed with cancer in the UK and USA in their lifetime. ‘Every two minutes someone in the UK is diagnosed with cancer.’ according to Cancer Research UK. Lung, bowel, breast and prostate cancers together accounted for almost half (46%) of all cancer deaths in the UK in 2014.
- According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney (NIDDK), Americans alone spend $725 million on laxatives annually, which tends to make their problem worse in the long run.
What can you do to avoid becoming a statistic? Eat and live clean 85% of the time, having one free meal a week, do two seasonal cleanses per year and be mindful and choose therapies that support a healthy mind-body connection, especially since 95% of your life is ruled by your subconscious.
A bi-annual cleanse is important, as most of these diseases begin in the colon.
Your Digestive System
The entire digestive system runs from your mouth to your bottom and is approximately 30 feet or 9 meters long (the average height of a 2 storey home). Your digestive system includes your mouth, oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon (large intestine), liver, gallbladder, and pancreas. The small intestine is the largest part of the digestive system at about 20 feet long, which is about as long as three average 6-foot men! It is in the small intestine that most digestive processes take place and where most of the nutrients are absorbed into the body. The liver, pancreas and gall bladder empty secretions into the small intestine to help break down food and allow the body to use it properly.
The liver is our largest solid organ (the skin is the largest non-solid organ) and one of the hardest working organs in your body. The liver has many functions but the three main ones are; to clean your blood, produce bile to aid digestion and to store glycogen (a form of glucose used for energy), vitamin B12 and iron.
Another little-known function of the liver is the transportation of blood that has just been enriched with vitamins and minerals during digestion. After eating or drinking a healthy whole food, all the goodness passes from the intestines into the blood, passing through the liver where it makes sure all ingredients are in in the perfect form so the body can utilise them. Whatever parts of foods or drinks the body doesn’t need will be separated into two exit avenues, either back to the intestines to be eliminated through your stool or through the kidneys and out through your urine.
Signs you need a detox & cleanse
I often ask my patients are they tired or toxic? Fatigue is one of the first signs that your digestive system may need a spring clean. Other symptoms of a toxic digestive system include wind, bloating, constipation, IBS, anger/ irritability, depression, poor concentration, over-heating, jaundice, depression, irritability, anxiety and headaches.
Detox Safely & Effectively
Many people buy into the advertising and do a liver cleanse/detox pack they find at any health food store, but what is not explained is that all chemicals/wastes the liver decides are not allowed to enter the body need to be eliminated through your urine in the kidneys or through your stool via your intestines.
Avoid overloading your kidneys & intestines
This means if you simply detox your liver you put added pressure on your unsuspecting kidneys and intestines (which are no doubt already fatigued and toxic just like the liver) and the overload of toxins will be reabsorbed back into the body. You wouldn’t shake a dusty rug inside your home with all the windows closed, would you? Your home would be filled with more dust than ever.
Taking care of your 11 systems on a weekly basis and doing seasonal cleansing is a much better way to live rather than that annual post new year quick/crash liver cleanse. We have the experience and the products to help you detox safely and effectively.
Find the best detox for you
In order to work out what cleanse you need, you simply look at your symptoms and toxic load over the past 6 months.
- If you’ve just had a more toxic month or so over the holidays, you’re feeling a little tired, flat, sluggish and need a boost then our Detox Pack is for you.
- If you have had quite a toxic 3-6 months both mentally with stress etc and physically with rich foods, coffee, alcohol etc then it’s best you do our 30 Day Health Reset.
- If you feel like you have brain fog and you have been under a lot of stress, you have increased belly fat potentially due to high cortisol, gut issues like IBS and bloating – then it is best to do our Gut-Brain Reset Pack.
- Alternatively, you may just want to lose a few pounds, boost your metabolism, cleanse your liver & balance your blood sugar levels, then our Metabolism Reset Pack is for you.
As mentioned, it is best to choose the right cleanse for you based on your goals and toxic load and to do this based on good clean science and not some fad detox that can end up making you more toxic than ever for your organs & 11 systems can’t handle the toxic load being mobilised into your bloodstream.
Use the code “2020” when you check out and we will give you a 20% discount on your total order (valid until January 31, 2020).