Rejuv Bedtime Blend Capsules are a synergistic blend of herbs, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. These capsules provide optimum support for deep restorative sleep allowing you to wake up feeling refreshed and energised in the mornings. Sleep was designed to detoxify us from the day we just had, and if we don’t get good quality of sleep, our physical and mental health suffers.
Shipped only from the UK
Ingredients; Ashwagandha, passionflower, German chamomile flower, valerian, lemon balm, lavender, L-Taurine, L-Theanine, 5-HTP, niacin, pantothenic acid (B5), vitamin B6, biotin (B7) and magnesium.
Traditionally prescribed as a nerve tonic and adaptogen, ashwagandha helps the body adapt to various emotional and physical stressors. It is a highly effective remedy to help reduce stress and anxiety by lowering cortisol levels and mimicking the inhibitory neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). This compound lowers brain activity, which may help you to relax and sleep better. Ashwagandha has classically been used in India for nearly 5,000 years for conditions such as failure to thrive in children, weakness and frailty in old age, rheumatism, constipation, insomnia, nervous disorders, stress, goitre, joint inflammation, parasites, hormone balance and more.
Studies suggest passionflower helps to relieve insomnia and anxiety. It appears to boost the level of GABA in the brain.
German chamomile flower
Traditionally, chamomile preparations such as tea and essential oil aromatherapy have been used to treat insomnia and induce sedation (calming effects). Chamomile is widely regarded as a mild tranquilliser and sleep-inducer.
Valerian is a herb that has proven to reduce anxiety and improve the length and quality of sleep; Valerian root can significantly help with daily stress management. Chronic stress can make you feel anxious, but fear can also make you feel more stressed. Valerian makes it easier for both your mind and body to relax by improving GABA levels.
Lemon balm leaves
Lemon balm improves mood and cognitive function and can also help to ease insomnia, sleep disorders and restlessness.
Lavender acts as a sleep enhancer. Lavender oil is mainly linalyl acetate (51%) and linalool (35%), which are chemicals that are both rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream. Studies have shown that these compounds inhibit several neurotransmitters and have a sedative and pain-relieving effect.
The amino acid L-Taurine activates GABA(A) receptors in a brain region known to regulate sleep. It creates the “sleep hormone” melatonin in the pineal gland.
L-theanine is an amino acid that is found in tea leaves. It can help promote relaxation and facilitate sleep by contributing to several calming changes in the brain.
5-HTP (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed)
5-HTP is an amino acid that the body naturally produces. It uses it to produce serotonin – a chemical messenger that sends signals between nerve cells. Low serotonin levels are associated with depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, weight gain and other health problems.
Approved EFSA health claims:
- Niacin contributes to normal psychological function, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, the maintenance of normal mucous membranes, normal skin, and reduced tiredness and fatigue. Click here and here for EFSA scientific opinions.
- Pantothenic acid contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal mental performance, normal synthesis and metabolism of steroid hormones, vitamin D and some neurotransmitters, and reduced tiredness and fatigue. Click here and here for EFSA scientific opinions.
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the normal function of the immune system, the regulation of hormonal activity, normal cysteine synthesis, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal homocysteine metabolism, normal protein and glycogen metabolism and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. Click here and here for EFSA scientific opinions.
- Biotin contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, normal macronutrient metabolism, normal psychological function, hair and skin, and regular mucous membranes maintenance. Click here and here for EFSA scientific opinions.
- Magnesium contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue, electrolyte balance, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, normal muscle function, normal protein synthesis, normal psychological function, the maintenance of normal bones and teeth, and it has a role in the process of cell division. Click here and here for EFSA scientific opinions.