Hormone Balancing can be done by what you eat and digest. This is great news as your hormones are directly affected by your diet.
Foods to Avoid
Eating foods high in sugar, refined carbohydrates, hormone-laden animal protein and dairy and excessive alcohol all cause huge blood sugar fluctuations and can easily upset your hormonal balance.
Such disruptions can lead to the onset of girls getting their period very early, PMS, fertility issues, early onset of menopause and excessive menopause symptoms.
Superfoods to Balance Your Hormones
Fear not however for eating more hormone balancing superfoods such as green leafy vegetables, beetroot, walnuts, pumpkin and flax seeds, and avocado can help you find your Feminine Flow.
As many of you know I had fertility issues and also suffered from PMS. It is like night and day if I am eating clean the week before my period or if too much sugar or wine has crept in, for I have a totally different period.
I include these salad ingredients in my husband & son’s diet, as they help balance male hormones as well. Great for the whole family to keep everyone mentally and physically strong!
Introducing The Hormone Balancing Superfood Salad
I love this superfood salad and I eat it regularly to support my hormonal balance across the month. It is important to adopt this lifestyle instead of just trying to avoid pain or symptoms as they arise.
By nourishing your entire endocrine system you will feel mentally and physically strong instead of just fighting fires as they arise. Have this salad alone or add some wild fish of your choice.
Superfood Salad Ingredients
- Slice one beetroot and roughly chop the beet greens (high in iron)
- 1 handful of walnuts (high omega 3 & ALA essential for brain & hormonal health)
- 1 cup of baby spinach (reduces inflammation)
- 1 tbsp of flaxseeds (great to balance hormones)
- 1 tbsp of green pumpkin seeds (blood sugar balancing & anti-parasitic)
- 2 fresh figs (hormonal balancing & great for fertility)!
- 1 avocado (high in plant sterols so particularly good for hormonal balancing particularly estrogen)
- 1 sliced pear (low GI & satisfy sweet cravings)
- ½ Spanish onion (high in phosphoric acid which benefits all glands of the endocrine system)
- 1 cucumber sliced (low GI & great support to pancreas & endocrine system)
- 2 tbsp pomegranates (nourishing to the blood & to reproductive system)
Place all ingredients into a salad bowl & set the figs aside to garnish each salad after dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon unprocessed sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Cracked black pepper to taste
Place into a jam jar, shake & pour over salad before serving- enjoy!