This weeks recipe is a Superfood Shiitake Mushroom Kebab Recipe. Shiitake mushrooms have been used for thousands of years in Chinese medicine for their exceptional healing properties. This is why they are part of the medicinal mushroom group.
The Medicinal Benefits of Shiitake Mushrooms
I’ve used medicinal mushrooms in my clinical practice for over 20 years with great success from cancer patents, fertility, IBS, cholesterol and autoimmune conditions.
Shiitake mushrooms contain many superfood compounds that protect your DNA from oxidative damage, which is one of the main reasons they’re so beneficial. One such compound is Lentinan, with the active ingredient eritadenine, linked to healing chromosome damage, boosting your immune system and healing cancer. In Japan, researchers at Shizuoka University even found that Shiitake mushroom supplementation reduces plasma cholesterol concentration due to this powerful eritadenine component.
Shiitake mushrooms contain all eight essential amino acids and a particular essential fatty acid called linoleum acid that helps with weight loss and supports lean muscle. They also have bone-building benefits, supports digestion, and can reduce food sensitivities and allergies. You can see now why Shiitakes are one of my favourite superfoods.
Alternatives to Bad Tasting Medicinal Mushrooms
I love shiitake mushrooms, but I wouldn’t eat them every day. Shiitake mushrooms synergistically work more powerfully when combined with other medicinal mushrooms. Shiitakes are not hard to source. The other medicinal mushrooms can be, however, and they are not so pleasant to eat. This is why I formulated the Rejuv Mushroom Complex, which is also a crucial part of our Immune Restore pack. I have used our Mushroom Complex with great success, even for clients with COVID, and so far, all have made speedy recoveries.
Our Mushroom Complex is an organic mushroom immunity blend. It contains Maitake, Reishi, Shiitake, Lion’s Mane, Chaga PLUS Astragalus root, Acerola fruit and black pepper. All in one convenient capsule which provides essential nutrients (such as vitamin C and vegan vitamin D) and active ingredients not found in other plants.
As well as its primary immune-boosting properties (with EFSA approved immunity claims), this unique complex supports everything from cognitive function, mental well-being and energy levels to healthy digestion, lower levels of inflammation, protection from oxidative stress, and general stress wellness.
The Superfood Shiitake Mushroom Kebab Recipe
I trust you’ll love my Superfood Shiitake Mushroom Kebab Recipe, as they contain vital nutrients to include in your diet. If you want to support your immune system further, try our Mushroom Complex. These capsules will level up your health and put you into disease prevention.
Superfood Shiitake Mushroom Kebab Ingredients
for 8 kebab skewers
- ¼ cup olive oil(60 mL)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into rounds
- 3 cups shiitake mushroom(225 g)
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 butternut squash , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 punt of cherry tomatoes
- Parsley or coriander to garnish
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper, stirring until mixed.
- Slide a zucchini slice down the skewer, followed by pieces of mushroom, red onion, and butternut, until there is a 1-inch gap at the top of the skewer. Brush each skewer liberally with the oil mixture.
- Repeat with the remaining skewers and vegetables.
- Grill the skewers for 12-18 minutes with the lid closed, flipping halfway.